10/13/09

God Save the Queen

We're in Birmingham today and the weather is, you guessed it, rainy and cold! Today marks the halfway point of the U.K. portion of the tour. Everything has started to settle into a very monotonous rhythm. Not that that's a bad thing but the boredom has started to creep further and further into each day. All i ever seem to eat are sandwiches on the bus or subway after the show, and I begin ever day by going with Ben to the nearest Starbucks. Evidently Germany (where our bus is from) doesn't believe in coffee makers. The routine pre-show and post-show is the same every night. Load in around 3:00, Sound check at 4:30-6, goof around for an hour or two, go on at 8-8:50, load out til 10, go out on the town for a bit, and finally be back on the bus at 1:00am so we can leave.

On a side note, Euro power outlets are the worst! All i want to do is charge my computer and my phone but that never seems to be possible! All of our adapters only seem to work 10% of the time and yesterday we actually blew a breaker in the venue.

Off days are a nice exception. Sleeping in is a must and then I'll usually spend the rest of the day trying not to spend all of my money. We went and saw a movie called "Zombieland" on our last day off and we'll usually try and eat at nice local restaurant.

That's about it, the glorious life of a touring drum tech...

I have lots of pictures that I will post hopefully later tonight but my iPhone is once again dead and I can't find an adapter to save my life!



2 comments:

  1. sounds like you're settling in to a routine...you're not bored are you? you've gotta find some better things to eat than sandwiches all the time. that's gotta get old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I love checking out @ local restaurant whenever I travel. Best way to feed the soul and the tummy too.

    ReplyDelete